Saturday, February 16, 2013

5 months old!

     Well, this week has not been nearly as productive as last week, but I did still make another dress for Emilee (thanks to my grandmother letting me borrow her sewing machine), and I at least THOUGHT about my story. lol.  Hey, it's a start!  If it's in my head it doesn't take hardly any time to write it down... (for those of you who missed it, the first 3 chapters can be read here: http://mlhutchinson.wordpress.com/ )

    Emilee seemed to have difficulty sleeping completely through the night this week. I don't know if it's teething (she chews on her gums a lot and drools), or if it's just digestive issues since she's started eating solid foods, but she's been a bit more fussy lately too. She DID sleep amazingly last night, but a large part of my lack of productivity this week was because I was exhausted from being up multiple times at night plus having difficulty falling asleep! Ahh! Of course she is still as cute as ever, AND she turned 5mo old this week! Such a big girl!  Here she is trying on one of her new dresses. :)



     Valentines day was also this week and I surprised my family with cards and candy for everyone, which was a lot of fun. :)  Ray and I went out for desert valentines night and it was a nice little time away with just us. :) See, don't we look happy?



     We got a bit more snow on Monday, but otherwise it's been a great week for taking walks, which Emilee really likes.  She's taken to cooing at herself while we're walking and it's the cutest thing ever!  Maybe next time I'll have some pics for you of her in her snuggli. :)  Also, as stated before, my grandmother let me borrow her sewing machine because my mother's died on me.  I didn't like how the zipper part of the first dress came out, largely because my grandmother's machine didn't have a zipper attachment, so I decided to put buttons on the second dress.  My grandmother's machine DID have a pretty sweet button holer attachment that made it super easy, but it also had an attachment to sew the buttons on for me!  Totally cool!  I think it came out pretty good too. :)  Here is the finished product!




     Next week Emilee will take her first big adventure!  We are going to visit my grandmother for a few days, and then my sister and her little boy.  It will be Emilee's first time meeting her great-grandmother and her aunt and cousin.  I'm excited to see them and introduce Emilee to them, but a little leary about how it's going to affect her...all that time in the car, plus a new place, plus a disrupted schedule...oi.  Could be stressfull!   Anyway, all that to say, next weeks blog post will likely be late because we will be driving back on Saturday. I'll try and be sure to take lots of pics though! :)

Until next time, Take care and God bless!
~Mae

   

No comments:

Post a Comment