Saturday, February 9, 2013

Productivity!

Hello again friends! :)

This week has been MUCH better and I have felt so incredibly productive!  My secret?...I don't take the morning nap with Emilee.  Really, this has only worked because she was cooperative enough to slide right into a new 4ish hour schedule.  Perhaps the fussiness of last week was in preparation for this?

Anyway, this week she has developed this new schedule: Up by 5:30, 2ish hour nap at 8, 2nd feeding at 10ish, 1ish hour nap at noon, 3rd feeding at 1ish, 2 hour nap at 4, 4th feeding at 6ish, in bed by 8.  I can work with this. :)

She is such a happy, talkative, excited baby and a total joy to have around. :)  We also discovered a new "game" that she really likes!  Behold, the diaper-box express! See how much she likes it!?




As far as productivity; this week I have added 20 new pages to my story! (I will be posting the first few chapters here, http://mlhutchinson.wordpress.com/, when I get the site and everything figured out), I have started sewing a sweet little dress for Emilee, I created a new site on wordpress, I put together an application for an online teaching job (well see if THAT pans out...) and I've been able to stay on top of little things around the house as well as write some blog entries. :)  Believe it or not I haven't watched even 10 minutes of tv!  The story takes up time because I like to write by hand first, then type it in, and I was going to make two dresses, but I 1.) forgot how tedious using a pattern can be...all that pressing and heming and disciphering instructions...and 2.) had trouble with the machine keeping the right thread tension...plus it just stopped working entirely and I had to stich the skirt on by hand! Boy was that time consuming and painstaking! I certainly do not have the skill for efficient hand sewing!  I actually drew a line on the back of my fabric with a pencil to keep my stitching even! haha...and I still didn't do it as straight as I'd like.  Here is a pic of the dress...not finished yet, I still need to put in the zipper, hem it, and add the ribbon, but I love it!  I particularly love the little ruffles on the bodice! <3 good.="" isn="" lighting="" p="" so="" sorry="" t="" the="">


Today we are battening down the hatches and riding out "Nemo" (a little fish with big dreams...we'll see how big this storm will dream), and tomorrow Emilee has her baby dedication at church! :)  I'll be sure to take pictures for you all. :)

Take care and God bless!
~Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment