Saturday, March 9, 2013

Increasing Supply

Ok, this will have to be short cause I'm in a house full of people putting together a bodacious lunch for everyone. :-p  My sister-in-law likes to try new interesting recipees. :-p

Anyway, this past week I was trying to increase my milk supply for Emilee, so I was taking fenugreek (a supplement) and pumping a couple times a day.  It seems to have worked, because she was MUCH happier after her feedings and is eating longer.  Just have to wait till her doc apt. to see if she has gained back her weight.  I tried using the bathroom scale, but it's not terribly accurate so it was hard to tell...can't see ounces and stuff.  Still, due to the fact that she's grinning happier, I think we're probably good. :)

Other than that she was really clingy all week.  I used to be able to set her in her pack-n-play for about 20 mins and she would play happily there but, after a bunch of traveling and being sick, she doesn't want to be set down ANYWHERE, and if she does let you set her down, she wants you to be in sight.  Near the end of the week I could get some reprive by putting her in her bouncer, but for the most part, if she was awake, she wanted my constant attention.  With her being happier it wasn't all that bad, but still exhausting.  I'm not sure if the clingy-ness is ENTIRELY due to her schedule being upset, she may be teething as well...I'm quite certain of it actually, but no teeth have as yet emerged so...I could be wrong.

Anyway, right now we are down state visiting my husbands side of the family.  Emilee likes it for the most part..lol..as long as mom and dad are around, and her toys, she's pretty well contented. :-p Right now she's sleeping, but I expect her up soon.  OH, and in other news, she will be 6mo old in two days! It doesn't feel like it's gone that fast but it's still weird to think that number is associated with her.  Doesn't seem like she's 6mo... Untill next time!

~Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment